Whirldworks Farm Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes
Six days of the week, breakfast is something of a hurried affair, but we make every attempt to slow things down on Saturday mornings. It is a special time when we can spend some time working together to make this tasty treat and then share them as a family at the table. Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes have become our family favorite!
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Crushed or chopped precans
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Egg Yoks
- 2 Egg Whites – Stiff
- Mix all of the wet ingredients and dry ingredients in separate bowls, but hold the stiff egg whites aside. Once mixed, combine the two bowls together and then fold in the stiff egg whites. Stir until well combined. If the mixture appears too thick, add milk at 1/2 cup increments.
- Set bowl aside for about 10 minutes and make sure your griddle is lightly oiled and heating (we typically use an electric griddle set at 350 degrees).
- Pour enough batter onto the griddle to make a circle of 4-5 inches. Repeat until your griddle is full of pancake goodness.
- When bubbles appear on the surface and the edges begin to appear brown, flip the pancakes over.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes (depending on your griddle and preference)
- Remove the pancakes from the griddle and place as many as you can eat on a plate.
- Pour your favorite syrup over your pancakes and enjoy!